Monday, November 22, 2010

WEEKLY FUEL

Hello everyone, for the inaugural edition of "Weekly Fuel" we are going to have a special Thanksgiving theme, The theme, trading some of those coma inducing starched sides for a side that is lighter,tastier and yes a vegetable. I am probably not alone when I say, "I am tired of falling into a deep coma before I can even leave the table". I blame the following; 3 types of sweet potatoes, 2 types of white potatoes, 2 pasta dishes, and 3 types of stuffing. Now I am not saying I don't like all that goodness but, usually the veggies at the table are just steamed afterthoughts. How do you know if your making an after thought? Let me tell you, I am here to free your table of this tragedy by offering a recipe for each of the 3 remaining days before Thursday.

All the recipes I have for you are easy enough that they actually can be after thoughts but do not have to sacrifice the taste and still be healthy.  I can't guarantee a coma free, Thanksgiving especially if you just add these to the arsenal and eat 8.5 plates. However, this should get you on your way to making it through the parade, all the football games and that great game of Scattagories after coffee and pie. I hope you enjoy all of these offerings. The first recipe will follow this posting and tune in Tuesday and Wednesday for the remaining recipes.

Monday-Brussel sprouts with walnuts and medjool dates

Tuesday-Spicy green beans with ginger

Wednesday-Cauliflower and goat cheese gratin

 CookRunBeer says
"Happy thanksgiving 
and burn a calorie or two, so you can enjoy all of that quality time with your family"

No comments:

Post a Comment